St Ann’s Church, Manchester: A place of faith and welcome in the centre of this great city.
Opening Hours from 7 September 2021
Tuesday to Friday – 11am to 5pm
Saturday – 11am to 6pm
Sunday – 8.30am to 6pm
Tuesday / Thursday Services
12.15pm Said Communion
9.00am – Said Communion
10.45am – Eucharist
5.00pm – Choral Evensong
Great Sacred Music
– Launching this Saturday 25 September at 3pm
Great Sacred Music at St Ann’s Church Manchester
Every Saturday at 3.00pm, HeartEdge Manchester presents Great Sacred Music, led by the HeartEdge Manchester Clergy and the newly appointed Choral Scholars. This begins on Saturday 25th September. Join them each week as they explore a new theme through readings, reflections and songs from the great classical music of our religious heritage.
The first Great Sacred Music of the academic year led by the Bishop of Manchester, David Walker explores the Season of Creation and St Francis. Music includes works by Cecilia McDowall, Grayston Ives, Francis Jackson, Paul Mealor and congregational hymns.
Please note access to the building is under COVID management protocols following a risk assessment including:
Entry & exit via the west door
Face covering is now a personal choice
Track and trace available via the NHS app / QR code at entrance
Hand sanitiser available
Sign up to our newsletter here.
St Ann’s Church Choir in Manchester City Centre is currently auditioning choral singers.
• We are interested in hearing singers from all voice parts (SATB: mixed alto line). No strict deadline: but we’ll be auditioning over the next 2-3 weeks.
• The choir includes students from the University and RNCM, alongside professional and amateur musicians of varying ages and backgrounds. The choir has a lively and social atmosphere, and we usually go on a tour during August.
• The choir rehearses every Friday evening at 7.30pm and sings at services on Sundays: 10.45, Choral Eucharist; 5pm, Choral Evensong.
• The repertoire is fairly broad and can be quite challenging (please consult our music list on our website). A good standard of sight-reading ability is required, but this is something you can develop in the choir.
• To arrange an audition or for further information contact the Director of Music, Simon Passmore, via email email@example.com
• We are also still advertising for a new Pilling Trust organ scholar (closing 24 September 2021). Details at here
You can help St Ann’s with our important work in Manchester City Centre by donating direct with the link below. Please consider giving Gift Aid when you donate. Thank you.